One of the top recommend place for family
“MIRAI-KAN” (National Museum of Emerging Science and Innovation) is one of the coolest facility in Tokyo.
*”MIRAI” means Future in Japanese.
Architecturally cool, the contents are cool, Interior is cool, Decent care for kids / people with special needs / non-Japanese speakers is also cool.
Exhibition itself is enjoyable from probably 3 years old. There are many playful button or gimmick everywhere.
One tip for family with small kids is, there is special kids play room on 3F.
Named “Curiosity Field“, admission free, very popular for Japanese moms.
For safety reason they limit the number of kids (30kids) and 45min play time.
So you need to get numbered ticket once you arrive. (visit 3F)
Weekend tend to be easily full…
* “Curiosity Field” Session time lots
(1)10:15～11:00 (2)11:05～12:00 (3)12:15～13:00 (4)13:15～14:00 (5)14:15～15:00 (6)15:15～16:00 (7)16:15～16:50
Restaurant on 7F and Cafe on 5F is also child-friendly.
If wether is good, you can see beautiful Odaiba view from 7F terrace.
There is also baby stroller rental or Wheelchair on 1F! (Free in charge)
Ask staff if kids need take a nap after play^^
Permanent Exhibition area
3F Curiosity Field
Restaurant(7F) / Cafe & Nursing room (5F)
- Sanitary goods in Japan – for household use, for visiter to Japan
- Convenience stores in Japan – convenient for tourist too
- The best spot for kitchenware in Japan – How to enjoy Kappabashi kitchenware street with baby/kids
- [New open] Digital arts and architecture exhibition “CLT Park Harumi” (admission free)
- Which Starbucks is the best when with baby/kids in Ginza area?