Does your kids like LEGO?
There is LEGOLAND discovery center in Tokyo, it’s Indoor theme park located in Odaiba, inside of shopping mall called DECKS.
This is compact indoor playground for half day!
LEGOLAND Discovery Center Tokyo (Official website)
Address : DECKS 3F, 1-6-1, Daiba, Minato-ku, Tokyo, Japan (Link to Google MAP)
DECKS Tokyo Beach (Shopping complex, Official website)
Need to book online ticket in advance since pandemic.
—>Legoland Discovery Center Tokyo Ticket & Passes (Link to official Website)
- Weekdays : ¥2,250 / person (3 years old ~ adult )
- Weekends & Public holidays : ¥2,800 /person (3 years old ~ adult )
- 0~2years old : No charge
*No re-entry permitted if you bought 1day ticket. …Better plan about lunch and nap timing for baby.
*Annual pass holder can re-enter the park.
How long will it take to enjoy this theme park?
It’s quite compact facility – I think you would spend approx. 1~2 hours for baby/toddler, 1.5~3hours for pre-school kids, 2~4 hours for school kids who love LEGO block.
*Plus some extra time at Lego-shop at the exit point.
Unfortunately this facility does not allowed re-entry for 1day ticket guest…!
So if better plan when or where your kids/family would have lunch, or nap timing for baby.
There IS a small cafeteria inside the facility, but better not expect too much… Too crowded at lunch time (hard to start eat right away even little kids are hungry ), quality and price are kind of theme-parky.
—> Go to Cafeteria detail
What kinds of play area are there?
Once you enter, Let’s move up by elevator with funky music^^
Welcome to Tokyo – Splendid work of Lego master builders..!
Block play area
All block-play area are not so large, easy to move each section.
- Creative work shops
- Ninjagocity Adventure (small obstacle course)
- Build and Test ( making mini-car )
- Dino Explorer ( making dinosaur )
There are two rides for small children as below.
- Kingdom quest : Shooting game on small trolley to help captured princess. (about 4min., 5 people for 1 trolley)
*Children under 130cm tall must have an adult ride with them.
*Photo from official website
- Merlin’s apprentice : Rotating ride attraction (about 3~4min.)
*Children must be at least 90cm tall to go on this ride, also child between 90cm – 120cm tall will need to ride with an adult.
4D Original Lego movie, every 30min.
No language words, everyone can enjoy.
For Baby / Toddler (DUPLO Village)
Small children area is right next to cafeteria.
Cafeteria (inside park)
There is one cafeteria inside park, only simple foods / snacks / drinks available.
(Please see picture for menu detail)
No food bringing into the park. (except for baby meal)
But I honestly felt there are not so healthy food menu … So I suggest that better eat well breakfast or lunch before entering park.
Actually there are many place to eat for family on same building (DECKS shopping mall).
As no re-entry permitted if you bought one day ticket, better enjoy playing legos & attractions here for half day, then leave to have lunch or dinner when some of your family start to say hungry.
There is 2 individual room for breast feeding.
Diaper changing table (folding type) is at toilet.
Stroller parking area
Everyone park stroller at the center of the park.
No staff look after them, but don’t worry Japan is very safe country – no one steel stroller or any goods on stroller.
There is LEGO shop at the end of the park.
Always fun to find Tokyo limited goods here.
Shop is free to get in. (no ticket needed)
Rental stroller (from DECKS shopping mall)
Not from Legoland, but same building “DECKS” shopping mall has Rental baby stroller service (for free).
Only use around DECKS shopping mall and “Aqua city Odaiba“, another shopping mall next to DECKS.
Ask information desk on Seaside-mall 3F.
DECKS Tokyo Beach (Shopping mall)
[ Summery ] My advise before you go
- Better to go weekday. Too crowded on weekend afternoon..
(especially summer/winter school holiday season)
- LEGOLAND discovery center is not so big, about 2~3hours is probably enough.
- No re-entry allowed for 1day ticket holder.
- Let children eat well before you enter. Better not expect too much for in-store cafeteria ( Sorry.. )
- DECKS shopping mall has many interesting place and place to eat for family.
Recommend to save some energy and time to explore.
—> More about DECKS
Other LEGOLAND in Japan
There is three LEGO theme park in Japan now,
Tokyo(2012~), Osaka(2015~), and Nagoya(2017~).
The one in Tokyo and Osaka are indoor type playground,
the one in Nagoya is big outdoor theme park resort with Legoland Japan Hotel and Sealife NAGOYA.
- The most famous street in Autumn Tokyo [ Jingu-Gaien Gingko street ]
- [ Share Green Minami-Aoyama ] Popular Plant shop & outdoor cafe in the middle of Tokyo
- [ Animeal ] Kids-friendly Animal Cafe in Odaiba, Tokyo
- [ Umihotaru ] Rest Stop in the middle of Tokyo Bay
- [ Pokemon Center Shibuya ] The coolest Pokemon design store in Japan?!