Large national Garden in Shinjuku area (*Need admission fee) , popular garden for picnic.
As Ministry of Environment taking care of this park, always clean and safe.
Location & Entrance
There are 3 entrance gates.
- Shinjuku gate — Major entrance. 5min walk from Shinjuku-Gyoen subway station.
- Sendagaya gate — Close to cherry blossom area. 5min walk from Sendagaya station.
- Okido gate — Close to Parking lot.
*Gate open : 9:00 -16:30 or 18:00 , Close on Monday. (Please check official website about details)
*** Advance Booking is required to enter Shinjyuku Gyoen during Cherry Blossom Season 2022 ***
*Close on Monday (Please check official website about details)
|Period||Opening Hours||Closing Time||Greenhouse|
|Oct.1 to Mar.14||9: 00AM ~ 4: 00PM||4: 30PM||9: 30AM ~ 3: 30PM|
|Mar.15 to Jun.30|
Aug.21 to Sep.30
|9: 00AM ~ 5: 30PM||6: 00PM||9: 30AM ~ 5: 00PM|
|Jul.1 to Aug.20||9: 00AM ~ 6: 30PM||7: 00PM||9: 30AM ~ 6: 00PM|
*** Cash only ***
- Adults : 500yen
- Seniors (Over 65 years old) : 250yen
- Students (show student ID) : 250yen
- Children (Junior high school students / 15years old and under ) : Free
Various area for picnic
Kids area (Lawn)
Although no playground equipments for kids, there is “Kids area” where children can run around. (Near Sendagaya gate)
There is large greenhouse inside the park to keep various plants from all of the world.
Restaurants / Shops / Cafe
There are Starbucks coffee and couple of restaurants inside park as below, but always crowded …!!
Better get some food and drink before you enter the park.
*Please note Alcohol is not allowed inside the park.
- Starbucks Shinjuku-Gyoen store (Official Website)
- Restaurant “Yuri-noki” (Official Website, Japanese only)
Toilet / Diaper changing board
You can find toilet and diaper changing board inside park.
5 Autumn Leaves spots for family with kids Tokyo
Parks / Playgrounds for family with kids around Imperial Palace
Peaceful Edo-castle ruin garden – The East Garden of the Imperial Palace (Admission free)
Best Cherry Blossom viewing spots in Tokyo with baby/kids
- [ 2023 updated ] Please get “Train Rail Pass (PASMO or SUICA card)” at Haneda/Narita Airport – First thing should do in Japan
- 2023 Best 5 Autumn Leaves spots for family with kids, in Tokyo Japan (easy to visit from central Tokyo)
- Terms and Conditions
- 5 Best HALAL Foods Restaurants in Ginza, Tokyo
- [ ASAKUSA with kids ] Must visit place in Tokyo