One of our important symbol, Tokyo station renewed some area (inside the ticket gate) in 2020.
This area named “GRANDSTA” is awesome shopping complex teeming with various Japanese cutting edge things.
Train related goods, Tokyo related goods, traditional but modern Japanese design items, delicious foods,…It’s so fun to browse around not only for foreigners but for Japanese people.
If you have plan to use Tokyo station for transfer, I suggest you to spare some time to walk around “inside” the Tokyo station.
*Tokyo Station is really huge and complicated – better ask station staffs if you could not find the map.
Official Website : Tokyo Station GRANSTA
Address : Inside Tokyo station B1F~1F, 1-9-1, Marunouchi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 100-0005, Japan (Link to Google MAP)
Outside the ticket gate, there are much more in Tokyo station.
Moving to “Yaesu side” B1F, there is another shopping area specialized in Japanese various characters.
→Details about Tokyo Character Street
- Where is good place for dinner with baby/kids in GINZA, Tokyo?
- 【Tokyo Station “GRANSTA” 】Don’t miss train as well as newest shops & Japanese gourmet
- 6 Best Japanese Toy/Character/Souvenir stores in Tokyo
- The first department store in Japan with nice roof-top terrace garden【Nihonbashi Mitsukoshi】
- Sanrio character shop in Ginza (HELLO KITTY, My Melody)