There are many attractions at Tokyo Skytree, this aquarium is one of them .
Aquarium itself is not so large (1-2hours provably enough to enjoy aquarium) which is nice size for family with small children.
Enjoy compact & stylish “Japanese-city-style” aquarium.
Address : 5-6F, TOKYO SKYTREE TOWN Solamachi 1-2, Oshiage 1-chome, Sumida Ward, Tokyo 131-0045 (Link to Google MAP)
It’s on 5F of Tokyo Skytree Town.
You can go directly from subway “Oshiage” station to Tokyo Skytree Town (large shopping complex building under Skytree tower), so it’s nice for bad weather day.
No need to get wet on the rainy day.
Baby stroller friendly – there are many elevators, path is wide enough with stroller.
As Tokyo Skytree town itself is very large shopping building, it will be very amused to walk till aquarium.
Now online reservation required because of CIVID-19.
Please check below for opening hours and online reservation.
Sumida Aquarium Official website (in Japanese)
Sumida Aquarium (EN) Official website (in English)
(*As of Sep.2020, online reservation web page seems Japanese language only)
|High school students||1,700yen|
|Junior high school and Elementary school students||1,100yen|
|Children (aged 3 and over)||700yen|
Unique feature of Sumida Aquarium
- There is no viewing route — Free to see any fish/animals, easy to return to favorite exhibits.
- Penguin’s big room in the center — designed well to see penguins from everywhere
- Garden eels — this garden eels are really loved here!
- Jelly fish exhibits — beautifully swimming with cool lightings.
- “Grow-in-the-dark-Cotton candy” —- unique snacks at cafe in the middle of exhibits.
- Seasonal exhibits and lab — Always trying to make new unique display so never get bored.
And this compact size is good for family with active small children in a good way, cause they would not get lost here.
Many good designed and high quality items.
*Everyone can enter this shop without ticket.
- Aquarium at Tokyo Skytree town “Sumida Aquarium”
- [ Highly recommended ] One of the coolest indoor playground in Japan “Teamlab Planets Tokyo” in Toyosu
- Try Japanese Baby Diaper/Nappy/Wipes when you travel Japan
- 3 major Baby/Children/Maternity retail chain stores in Japan
- Where can we get BABY DIAPER/NAPPY in Ginza, Japan?