Is there place to pray when you wish healthy childbirth in your country?
There is famous shrine has the benefit of having baby and safe childbirth.
Here in Japan, there is custom that people visit shrine to pray when you are pregnant (about 5th month) for safe childbirth, and after baby born (about 30-100days) as thanksgiving.
Any shrine is fine, but the most famous one about “BABY-related wish” is SUITENGU.
Suitengu shrine, located in Ningyocho (about 10min by car from Tokyo station), is established in 1818 as branch of Kurume-Suitengu in Kyusyu(Fukuoka prefecture).
Although it’s small shine in the central city, many women who wishing to have baby someday, or family having the fertility treatment, or pregnant women & family keep visiting this shrine.
There is small dog statue, its represent “having healthy delivery” and “having many children” – it is believed that touching this dog bring you good luck about happy pregnancy and safe childbirth.
If you or someone you know is pregnant, good luck charm of this shine might be a nice souvenir.
Address: 2-4-1 Nihonbashi-Kakigaracho, Chuo-ku, Tokyo (Link to Google map)
Open : am7:00-18:00
Suitengu Shrine official website : http://www.suitengu.or.jp/ (in Japanese)
Related articles :
- [ Accommodation in TOKYO 2022 ] The Best 10 Hotels for family with small children
- The Best Hotels for family with small children in GINZA area, Tokyo
- Family-friendly shopping mall with nice park on Tokyo bay [ LaLaPort Toyosu]
- 10 Best things to do around Tokyo Station with family
- [ DAISO 100yen & 300yen flagship store in Ginza ] New Open 2022