When you drive from central Tokyo to Chiba direction, you will go through the expressway ” Tokyo Aqua Line “. This toll road is going through under the sea – then this world’s only rest area appear in the middle of ocean!
This unique parking facility attracts about 20,000 people a day. ( Opened in 1997, then partly renovated 2019)
Many kinds of restaurants, shops, amusement arcade, toilets, and observation deck – I suggest to plan about 30min – 1 hour just to enjoy this unique spot during your drive!
It’s in between Kawasaki and Kisarazu. About 30min by car from Kawasaki IC.
*Need express toll, price differ by car type & ETC
*You can go there only by car, no train.
Umihotaru PA (Official website)
Address : Umihotaru, Nakajima Chisaki, Kisarazu city, Chiba prefecture, Japan, 292-0071 (Link to Google MAP)
Restaurant & Cafe
Toilet & Nursing room
You must know this Tokyo Aqua-line expressway would be jammed always in the morning and early evening.
Especially worse in the weekend,,, so avoid 8-10:00 and 16-18:00 as much as you can.
We try leave very early in the morning when we use Tokyo Aqua-line.
[ YURIKAMOME ] Cool monorail around Tokyo bay
4 BEST Aquariums in central Tokyo, Japan
*All aerial shots are from web site
- Miyashita Park in Shibuya
- Do you know there is indoor playground inside TOKYO TOWER? [ RED KIDS TOKYO ]
- Where can we try Ice Skating with kids in central Tokyo? 3 Best Kids-friendly Ice Skating Rink 2022-2023
- The most famous street in Autumn Tokyo [ Jingu-Gaien Gingko street ]
- [ Share Green Minami-Aoyama ] Popular Plant shop & outdoor cafe in the middle of Tokyo
Be First to Comment