When you drive from central Tokyo to Chiba direction, you will go through the expressway ” Tokyo Aqua Line “. This toll road is going through under the sea – then this world’s only rest area appear in the middle of ocean!
This unique parking facility attracts about 20,000 people a day. ( Opened in 1997, then partly renovated 2019)
Many kinds of restaurants, shops, amusement arcade, toilets, and observation deck – I suggest to plan about 30min – 1 hour just to enjoy this unique spot during your drive!
It’s in between Kawasaki and Kisarazu. About 30min by car from Kawasaki IC.
*Need express toll, price differ by car type & ETC
*You can go there only by car, no train.
Umihotaru PA (Official website)
Address : Umihotaru, Nakajima Chisaki, Kisarazu city, Chiba prefecture, Japan, 292-0071 (Link to Google MAP)
Restaurant & Cafe
Toilet & Nursing room
You must know this Tokyo Aqua-line expressway would be jammed always in the morning and early evening.
Especially worse in the weekend,,, so avoid 8-10:00 and 16-18:00 as much as you can.
We try leave very early in the morning when we use Tokyo Aqua-line.
*All aerial shots are from web site
- [ Share Green Minami-Aoyama ] Popular Plant shop & outdoor cafe in the middle of Tokyo
- [ Animeal ] Kids-friendly Animal Cafe in Odaiba, Tokyo
- [ Umihotaru ] Rest Stop in the middle of Tokyo Bay
- [ Pokemon Center Shibuya ] The coolest Pokemon design store in Japan?!
- [ Nintendo TOKYO ] Official Store in Shibuya – Get Super Mario Limited goods